- Conceptual writer with international experience and awards including Cannes Lions.
- In-depth experience in all advertising media and promotions, through the line.
- Highly successful presentation and sales record.
- Team leader and player.
- Career break due to having children.
- Worked on over 70 brands in 3 countries.
- Global insight- Europe, Eastern Europe, Africa.
- Directs voices for TV and radio.
- Tone of voice fanatic.
The Hardy Boys, Durban 2013-14
(part of WPP group)
Head of Copy
– Conceptualised, wrote and produced a TV campaign for 17 countries. This included 4 different casts and 12 different languages. Client: Unilever soap. (Belvoir, Le Sancy etc. – a different brand in each country)
– Conceptualised and produced 3 major conferences for the largest clients in the agency. This included all the conference collateral – invitations, gifts, speakers, room decor, installations, written correspondence and conceptual groupwork activities. Clients: Unilever and RCL: South Africa’s biggest food company
– Persuaded CEO to bring Sir Bob Geldof to SA as a speaker.
– Produced a digital campaign for the launch of Magnum Pink and Black. This included the Twitter Auction, which won 3 PR Awards for the free publicity it created for the brand.
Ogilvy London 2010 -12
· Dove for Men campaign – worked on TV concepts, UK and China.
· Dove for Women – TV concepts, brochures, International Production Guidelines Video.
· Ogilvy HR Book.
Ogilvy Propaganda, Moscow 2002-2004
· Conceptualised and produced TV and print campaigns.
· Clients included Fanta, Sprite, American Express, Maxwell House and 3 Kraft chocolate brands
· Fanta Lime “Icemaker” TV: Sales climbed from 0-30% market share in 3 months- reaching the same level as the most popular Fanta flavour, Lemon. Reached 2nd place across Russia in Gallup Poll.
· Fanta Wild Berry “Anti-Gravity” TV: reached 7th place across Russia in Gallup Poll.
· American Express Home Cheque launch caused 42% increase in sales with 100% consumer comprehension of product, in new product category.
· Managed creative team of seven.
· Recruitment of creative staff.
· Developed new training programs : “Understanding awards ceremonies”, plus “TV production and set etiquette.”
· Learned Russian from scratch and conversed in Russian with staff.
Freelance contracts 2001
·KLP Euro RSCG Advertising, London Lead team on pitches, including Dulux (£3m) and Peugot (£16) which were won. Also worked on The Guardian newspaper campaign
· Sky TV, London Conceptual scriptwriter in marketing department. All scripts were sold.
· J Walter Thompson, London Boots TV: Sole responsibility for the retail campaign.
Initiated 2 other proactive TV ads for Kit Kat- which were shot, free of charge, by young directors.
Ogilvy One, London June 2000 – December 2000
· Clients included American Express, Royal Mail and TV Licensing.
TBWA\Hunt Lascaris, Johannesburg June 1998 – May 2000
· This agency was one of the best in the world at the time.
· Middleweight copywriter
· Developed the very sensitive ANC National Election Campaign. Worked with high level government in this role.
· Other campaigns included Land Rover, Standard Bank, Nuk Childcare, Fruits of The Forest Yoghurt, Nashua, CitiLodge.
· Participated in multidisciplinary teams on many successful pitches.
· Won 2 international awards (Cannes Festival) NSOP Advertising, Johannesburg June 1997 – May 1998
· Initiated and conceptualised a gratis print campaign for The Red Cross Anti-Landmine Campaign. Initiated and managed the client and supplier relationships.
· Developed the multistranded Surebuild Cement “Elephant “ campaign
· Won an award for Telefunken Television campaign
Ogilvy One, London 1997
· Junior Copywriter
Ogilvy & Mather, Johannesburg 1996
· Junior Copywriter
· Initiated and developed a print and poster campaign for The Read Charity
· Won international award for work on The Read Charity campaign.
Diploma in Marketing and Advertising (Specialising in copywriting) 1995 AAA School, Johannesburg, South Africa
BA in English and Economic History 1992-94 University of Natal, Pietermaritzburg, South Africa.
Matriculated. St Anne’s College, Natal, South Africa. 1991
Russian Architecture Architecture Society, Moscow 2004
Russian Language Pushkin University, Moscow 2004
Oil painting Lev Dyakonitsyn, Moscow 2004
Novel writing course The Write Company 2005
Plotlines course The Write Company 2006
Screenwriters course OVFM, Oxford 2006
Foreign languages: Afrikaans (fluent spoken & written), Russian (conversational).
Interests: theatre, painting, architecture, art, travel, 20th century furniture, wildlife conservation.
AWARDS and ACHIEVEMENTS:
2014 – PRISM Silver Campaign of the year- Magnum Pink and Black 2014: PRISM Best Use of Social Media- Magnum Pink and Black
2014 – PRISM Change of Perception Award- Magnum Pink and Black
2004 – Painting Exhibition- Babushkinskaya Gallery, Moscow
· Fanta “Icemaker” TV reached 2nd place across Russia in Gallup Poll. Sales climbed from 0% to 30% market share in 3 months – reaching the same level as the most popular Fanta flavour, Lemon.
· Fanta “Anti-Gravity” TV reached 7th place across Russia in Gallup Poll.
· American Express launch caused 42% increase in sales with 100% consumer comprehension of product, in new product category.
2000 – Cannes Lion Award – Land Rover Discovery
2000 – Cannes Lion Award – Land Rover Corporate
1997 – Loerie Finalist – Telefunken TVs
1996 – London International Advertising Awards Finalist – The Read Charity
1995 – AAA Campaign of the Year – Swissair